We finally have the original factory ROM of the first windows phone produced by LG – the Quantum C900. This will allow you to remove any modifications that you have done on your Quantum C900 phone.
This is very useful if you are now planning to sell off the device online or offline but want to ensure no personal data is left before you hand over the device to the new buyer.
How to download and install the original firmware on LG Quantum C900
1. Download LGDP2 V36 UMTS Setup and extract, go to LGDP2_31_INCLUDE_LGDP1_Setup folder and install the exe (use serial number). Now copy all the files from DOWNLOAD folder and paste on C:\DOWNLOAD (overwrite if needed).
2. Install LG United Modem Driver, connect the phone to PC through USB cable and let the drivers to be installed. USB 1.1 is recommended.
3. You’ll need firmware in DZ format and the correct DLL for your model.
4. Open LGDP2_V36_UMTS from C:\DOWNLOAD, select UMTS in Division and click OK.
5. Select port (check Device Manager for LG USB Modem Port number), you can set a range from easy select or select manually. Select DLL and select firmware in Download Configuration. Click OK.
6. Click START in main window and connect the phone to USB cable in Emergency download mode(VOL+CAM+PWR).
Here are the download links. If you are using LG C900
If you are using LG C900B
- BELL MOBILITY LG-C900BAT-01-V10h-302-610-AUG-08-2011+0_DZ.zip
- BELL WIRELESS ALLIANCE LG-C900BAT-01-V10l-302-780-AUG-08-2011+0_DZ.zip
If you are using LG C900K