If you despite the bloated user interface of Sony you can get enjoy total freedom on your Xperia U by installing CM10 on it. This brings jelly bean Android 4.1.2 on it. Here are its list of features:
* ROM compiled with Linaro Tool chain 4.7,
* Kernel compiled with Linaro 4.6.2 or Google 4.6.x,
* Added some governors
* Deleted some Cyano app, Zip aligned,
* Pre-rooted, Nova Launcher, New * Boot animation, Cwm v126.96.36.199,
* Possibility to change color notification * LED charging, added menu for disable flashing led when battery is low.
Here are its installation instructions:
* Make a backup of your current rom
* Wipe data/factory reset in recovery
* Flash CM10 Limited Edition (If you get error 7 while flashing extract the boot.img from the rom zip, and flash it via fast boot)
* Flash Ultra Slim Gapps
* Reboot and enjoy
We suggest you to remove audio like dial pad touch tones, touch sounds, screen lock sound and vibrate on touch. Also do not use swap with this ROM.