A new firmware has emerged on xda developers that allows Motorola Moto R users to download Lollipop android 5.1.1 update on their devices. This ROM is known as Flex OS and it boats amazingly utilities like flex control, animation control and myriad other tweaking apps to help you get the most of your device. Make sure you have Moto E custom recovery pre installed as only then you can install a custom firmware.
Here is its feature list:
* FlexControl – All the tweaks and features at one place
* Animation Control – Toast animations, Listview animations and system transitions.
* HeadsUp Customizations just like Cm11
* Slim DSLV
* Navigation Bar Tweaks – On/Off Toggle, Dimensions
* Navigation Buttons Tint
* Slim Advanced IME Features
* Statusbar Network Speed Meter
* Screen Sound Enable/Disable Toggle
* Camera Switch Sound Enable/Disable Toggle
* OmniSwitch – Use omniswitch alongside stock android recent apps or use it as primary.
* Recents FAB Button – Positions (Top left, Top right, Top center, Bottom left, Bottom right, Bottom center)
* LCD Density Adjuster
* Volume Steps
* Hide superuser icon in statusbar
* Double tap to sleep on navigation bar and status bar
* Instant reboot from power menu
* App Circle Sidebar
* Captive Portal – If disabled, a connection to google servers is not required in order to detect data connection.
* CyanogenMod Theme Engine
* Statusbar Clock Customization
* Volume Steps
* Inbuilt File Manager from OmniROM
* Quick pulldown
* More Material
* Battery icon customization
To flash it, first download the ROM and place it in your internal / external SD card. Then boot into recovery and wipe system, cache, data. Make sure you make a backup to avoid hassle. Then flash Flex OS ROM Package and then gapps.